Bank of America Overdraft Settlement
- Obtain more details about the class action lawsuit entitled Sherry L. Bodnar v. Bank of America, N.A., which is case number 5:14-cv-03224-EGS
- The courts have recently announced that a $27.5 million settlement has been reached in the case and a final fairness hearing will be held on 8/3/16 to determine of the 27 million dollar settlement is fair to class members
The Bank of America Overdraft Settlement does not require the class members to file a claim as class members will automatically receive a payment by check or Account credit (this is because electronical records will show which BOA account are eligible for a payment or credit). Those class members who would like to exclude or object to the Bank of America Overdraft Settlement have until June 6th, 2019 to do so. Class members in the case state that Bank of America unfairly and wrongly assessed and collected Overdraft Fees on certain Debit Card transactions.
Bank of America Overdraft Settlement Notes
- Lawyers representing the class members include Hassan Zavareei, Jeffrey M. Ostrow, and James Shah
- Bank of America has hired Michael B. Miller from the law firm of Morrison & Foerster LLP (who are based at 250 W. 55th St. New York, NY 10019)
- The fairness hearing will take place on The Holmes Building, 4th Floor, 101 Larry Holmes Drive, Easton, PA 18042 (please note class members are NOT required to attend this bothersome/boring hearing in order to receive a payment/credit)
Those who are excluding themselves from the settlement will have to send an official statement by mail to: Bank of America Overdraft Litigation Exclusions P.O. Box 4178 Portland, OR 97208-4178… please sign and date this letter and include the class members name, address and telephone number.
Please do not contact Bank of America with questions in regards to this class action lawsuit. Please direct all questions about the Bank of America Overdraft Class Action Lawsuit to 1-866-960-5963.